Joy in Lesotho

Joy in Lesotho

Sunday, March 1, 2015

In like a lamb...

Hi Friends & Family, Hard to believe I've already been back in Lesotho a month and we find ourselves in March! This last week was busy with lots of peaceful albeit spirited rallies and demonstrations culminating with Election Day on the 28th. Thus far it would appear that one party has a significant lead, but no winner has been declared yet. Things remain peaceful in Maseru - in fact it was like a ghost town on Saturday unless you went to a Polling Place. We continue to pray for a peaceful outcome once a winner has been declared - that could happen even later today. Thanks for praying with me for Peace in Lesotho. I'll keep you posted, it's a promise. Friday was a holiday and due to that, the matching meeting (where adoptable children get "matched" to parents) that I have been anticipating was postponed. I was able to speak to 'Me 'Marumo, the Social Worker handling my case, and she shared with me she hopes the meeting will be held in early March rather than waiting until the next scheduled meeting at the and of May. Once I know of the date, I'll be sure to share it with you. Admittedly, God and I had a heart to heart all day Friday as my expectations were "way up" and I was disappointed to hear of the delay. My prayer is that with a possibility of changing government leadership, the new regime may not be as favorable to adoptions as this current one... Once again, I find myself in a place where all I can do is trust and believe that God has a plan and that His plan is far better than my own. Learning to trust and having to wait have been so much a part of my missionary experience. Oh for grace... to trust Him more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAF Girls Night Out

MAF Girls Night Out
Tangled & Dinner

Em's Favorite Pastime

Em's Favorite Pastime
She's now caught 4 in the house!

African Bull Elephant

African Bull Elephant
Closer than I recommend getting - 2 meters away

Lion

Lion
Enjoying some rhino in the shade